So you think it's just like any other sorbet eh? If you know me by now, I have always love to sneak in a surprise in all my treats. This is still quite healthy in my books, as they say, moderation is key. What didn't tell you first hand is that this sorbet is meant for grown ups. Lets just say, the little Jo in me, added some Mango flavoured Vodka. Yup, do you love me a little more now? Cause I sure love all of you who have supported me throughout my on and off blogging. Drink up, or shall I say scoop up. Cheers everyone!
Lime & Mango Sorbet
by Chic & Gorgeous Treats
* Serves approx. 4-6.
* Adding vodka is optional; and can be left out for a kid friendly version.
* Store in airtight container in a freezer.
Lime & Mango Sorbet
2 1/2 cups mango puree
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
4 tablespoons mango vodka
4 large sweet mangoes
960g sliced mango flesh
To prepare mango puree:
1. Process mango flesh in a blender, until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove any fiber. Set aside.
To prepare lime & mango sorbet:
2. To make the basic syrup, place the sugar and water in a saucepan over a low heat and stir without boiling until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
To make mango sorbet with an ice-cream maker:
3. Combine mango puree, lime juice, mango vodka and sugar syrup in a jug. Give it a stir. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Transfer to an ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions and freeze until it’s ready to serve.
To make mango sorbet without an ice-cream maker:
4. Combine mango puree, lime juice, mango vodka and sugar syrup in a jug. Give it a stir. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Transfer to a stainless steel or metal container or bowl. Cover with a cling film wrap and freeze for an hour or until the edges or top of sorbet is beginning to set. Beat with an electric hand whisk and return to the freezer. Repeat 4-5 times at an hourly interval or until sorbet has become a thick, smooth and scoop able sorbet. ENJOY!
P/S: This recipe will also be showcased in the next coming issue of Vanille Magazine, so keep a lookout y'all!