Friday, April 19, 2013

Oreo & Earl Grey Ice Box Pie & TGIF!

At last, it's Friday and perfect for a long gone TGIF post. As I gaze upon the window, gloomy weather is the forecast of the day and perhaps a thunderstorm coming upon us. Then as I scout around a very quiet workplace and with the air conditioning on at full blast, I feel a sense of chilliness that's making me crave for a hot cup of cocoa.[slurps...]. While I know it seems like it has been forever since I last posted, I do have a valid reason. If you followed me on Instagram, then you may have seen some mouth watering photos and amazing scenic view. To sum up, I was away on a family vacation. So I am back, for those of you who missed me and I will strive to keep on posting whenever I can [brownie's promise!]. 

While I may not have a recipe for you today just yet, but I hope this post will inspire you. Ever wonder what to make out of some left over baked goods? How many times have you thrown off some scrap or what do you if you have a left over cookie dough? Don't toss them out. There are several times I have tossed out extra batter thinking I will not be doing anything to it. This time round, I challenged myself using some left overs [which have not been eaten or touched of course] and came up with [what I personally think.. is a crazy idea]; also happens tastes good is an OREO & EARL GREY ICE-BOX PIE.
Gorgeous Magnolia: Taken in Perth, Australia
The layers? At the very bottom, sits a thin layer of buttermilk dark chocolate cake, then layered with a thin layer of earl grey mascarpone cream, then followed by a layer of home baked graham crackers. While it didn't end there, I slathered some melted dark chocolate spread and finally topped the entire pie with Jello's instant mix Oreo Pudding. To garnished, I chopped up some dark and semi-sweet Sharffen Berger's chocolate bar. Simple enough? Doesn't it make you drool? How would even think this came from left over batter?
Have a lovely weekend y'all and there are many more posts coming up. Right now, I am just going to head back to recuperate from my holiday. 

xx

8 comments:

  1. I love this layers. It must be delicious. How was your holiday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta! Thanks for coming over. They were indeed delicious. I will be drafting a post on the holiday soon. Can't wait to share the pics with you too. ♥

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I see you got inspired by your vacation...looks very...no! extremely delicious!I absolutely love, love your images, Jo! I wish you an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! Glad ot be back and start heading back in action to the kitchen. Will keep you posted further on the holiday photos soon. ♥

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful and delicious use of leftover batter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whhhaaatt?! That sound amazing! Great job and very creative :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...