Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the inside. mMMmmmm.. The sweetness of pavlova is served with light fluffy whipped mascarpone cream and topped with fresh fruits of the season. Slightly tart strawberries, blueberries, and with hints of honey gold sweetness of a mango; these fruits are then drizzled with Rose & Raspberry Syrup for that extra aroma and tang. Doesn't it make your mouth water with summer goodness?
Summer Berry Pavlova with Rose & Raspberry Syrup
by Chic & Gorgeous Treats
* Serves 6-8.
* Makes a single large 8-inches round pavlova.
* Makes 6 to 8 individual pavlovas.
.* Store pavlova in airtight container in a cool area up to 2 days.
* Pavlova is best served fresh on the same day.
Vanilla Bean Pavlova
4 large egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons corn flour, sifted
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 fresh vanilla bean, scraped
2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Rose & Raspberry Syrup
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon rose essence
Fresh Summer Fruit & Whipped Cream to Serve
2 large sweet mango, cubed
1 cup heavy cream, whipped soft peaks
1/4 cup caster sugar
To prepare rose & raspberry syrup:
1. In a medium deep saucepan, bring frozen raspberries, sugar and water up to a boil. Using a spoon, mash the raspberries to help it release more juices. Bring down to a simmer, until it becomes a thick syrup. Stir in the rose essence, and mix until well combined. Pour into a jug or bowl, and set aside to cool.
To prepare vanilla bean pavlova:
2. Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place egg white in a clean bowl of a stand electric mixer. With a whisk attachment, whisk egg white until foamy and doubled up in volume. Gradually add the sugar, and whisk until stiff peaks and glossy. Add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla bean and whisk until well combined.
3. Transfer mixture into a piping bag with a round tip. Pipe 14x16cm rounds. Reduce oven to 120°C and bake between 25-30 minutes. Turn the oven off, and allow the pavlova rounds to cool completely in the oven before transferring them onto a wired rack.
To assemble and serve pavlova:
4. Whip heavy cream with some caster sugar until soft peaks peaks. Layer each pavlova with some whipped cream, topped with fresh fruits and drizzle the Rose & Raspberry Syrup before serving. ENJOY!