Friday, October 1, 2010

Baking Recipe: Limoncello Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting

So, what did I bake? Well, I made mini cupcakes – LimonCello Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting to be exact. Yup.. a mouthful indeed.

Mini LimonCello Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting

I was surfing for recipes one day and stumbled upon a magnificent site. Therefore, this recipe idea is adapted from MyTartelette.com. As for ingredients wise, I may have tweaked it a little here and there. Like for instance the recipe asked for 2 Tbps of LimonCello liqueur; but I sort of put in a little more for the extra lemony kick. Lol..

Okay.. Let me side track a little bit as this was my thought going through my mind while writing this blog. “How I wish I could meet Helen from My Tartelette.com her in person?” {dreaming}The photos she takes and the cakes she bakes looks SOoooOOoo GoooOOOOOooD!! Check her site out.

Oh! Not forgetting.. the cupcakes baked were to celebrate Stephie’s and Jamie’s birthday. It was meant to be a surprise for the both of them. That's why I added pink colouring to the frosting.

Perhaps some fancy the dome shape cupcake, but this time I wanted them to be a little flat on top. So the trick is to just fill the cupcake cup between 2/3 to 3/4 full. And woala.. you get a nice curve and it just poofs nicely.








  



As for the cream cheese frosting, I don't like mine to be overly sweet but I utmost stress that the flavour is crucial. I love to experiment and not stick to the recipe fully when it comes to adding vanilla, liqueur or lemon juice when suggested. In my opinion, taste and flavour is subjective and according to your taste buds. So do feel free to adjust the sweetness to your liking and whip to a semi-stiff consistency, so that the frosting could be piped onto the lovely lemony butter cupcakes.

It's always hot and humid all year round in KL; so after whipping the frosting I immediately store it in a container and place it in the fridge to chill for couple of hours so that it hardens up to be easily scooped into the piping bag. And the results after it has been piped onto the cupcake {drum rolls}.


Now, the crucial moment awaits. The look of the 2 Birthday girls really made my day. Not forgetting  that I do have a bunch of ladies who are my trusty critics to tell me the taste of the cupcake. I believe action speaks louder than words!! Yup.. judging by the expressions.. I say it says it all.. 








Expression after a Wonderful Brunch and Dessert: Priceless!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Limoncello is so nice to add to cakes, and now cupcakes too. Love the beautiful pink frosting too. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! If I could post one to you to try. I was in Italy last Dec, and decided to walk into a quaint little grocer shop in Venice. When I saw the Limoncello, I immediately told myself that I must have that. Lol.. So right now, I'm using it in moderation. Not sure if I could find it over here in my local wine shops. THANKS for stopping by..Do tune in whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Limoncello and cupcakes, couldn't ask for a more perfect combo! I love the photos of you and the girls. Can't wait to see what's next!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...