Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{Post-Christmas) Maple Butterscotch Pudding with Scotch Whisky

 

Admist of all the celebration, I now manage to find some little time to share with you what has been going on in my kitchen. Perhaps at the same time, I'm taking in some time to reflect on what has happen in the whole year of 2010. Lots has happen, from losing both my paternal and maternal grandma the same year just 2 weeks apart from one another, focusing on myself to be better, spend more time with family, and I did something which I never dreamt of doing. Joining FoodBuzz and now ever more so sure that I like to focus my blog on cooking, baking and some travels when I do get away.  

I know I may be late in posting some of these recipes, however, I really like to share them with you nevertheless. Also, below is the snippet of my Christmas Family Tree for Dec 2010. I have the tendency to change the theme yearly. Lol.. This year is Red and Gold.



Apart from my Celebration Cupcakes, I also made Maple Butterscotch Pudding and added a couple of tablespoon of whiskie {lol}. Am certainly living  the statement "Lets eat, drink and be merry!" Not to worry, this pudding is so simple to make and nothing of it is from express pudding mix. Did not cheat and use butterscotch morsels from Tollhouse too. Not forgetting to mention, this pudding recipe is adapted from another foodie, Lynn from I'll Have What She's Having. Infact, Lynn stopped by my blog and commented on one of my post and that's how I got to know her from there. She has a very delicious and attractive blog. And of course,  I found another foodie friend who inspires me.

Recipe
adapted from Lynn from I'll Have What She's Having

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons butter, salted or unsalted (i used unsalted butter)
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch (like me, i ran out of cornstarch. so i substituted with tapioca flour, works the same)
3 cups whole milk 3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons Gelinotte Maple Liqueur (if unavailable use whisky or rum, or omit the alcohol; i opted for my mom's best scotch whisky)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract




To prepare maple butterscotch:

1. Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan. Stir in the sugar, maple syrup and salt. Set aside.

2. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch/ tapioca flour with 1/4 cup of the milk until is completely dissolved. Whisk in the egg yolks.

3. Slowly pour the remaining milk into the butter and sugar, whisking constantly. Then add the cornstarch/ tapioca flour mixture.

4. Return the saucepan to the stove. Whisk constantly until the mixture starts to boil. Lower the heat and continue to whisk for one minute. The mixture should be quite thick.

5. Pour into 4 serving bowls and chill for at least four hours.

Note: I found some really cute Christmas theme mini cups to serve my butterscotch pudding. Since they were medium in size, I was able to fill 5 mini-medium sized cups.

Enjoy! 

xx 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo-Love your yummy Maple Butterscotch Pudding...Scotch Wiskey kind of goes with the "theme"...Butterscotch, and Scotch Wiskey...kind of cute too, and so yummy!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth! Lol.. thank you. I think it's kind of cute too. I'm so happy that you constantly stop by and support me. I have so much planned up for this year and certainly can't wait to begin. Chat soon.. Hugs, Jo.

    ReplyDelete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...