|Random shot, that I snapped with my SonyT10 while I was traveling around in China|
Blood Orange & Peach Frozen Yogurt Cream
by Chic & Gorgeous Treats
*Makes slightly over 1 pint - approx. 2 cups
*FROYO is slightly tart and tangy. Taste to check if it’s your desired level of sweetness.
* Cook extra sugar syrup if required.
* NO ice-cream maker required, just a tad more tedious with end result still satisfying.
* For those with ice-cream maker, follow the manufacturer’s instruction. Just mix all of the
below together and let your ice-cream maker churn the frozen yogurt.
*Alternatively, pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Makes 6 large or about 8 medium sized.
270ml (1 cup 1 tablespoon) plain yogurt
½ cup heavy cream
Blood Orange & Peach Syrup
juice of 1 ½ blood orange
2 fresh peaches, sliced
1/2 cup caster sugar
8-10 tablespoons water
1. In a medium deep saucepan, add sugar then water enough to cover the sugar slightly.
Add sliced peaches and let it boil until the sugar has completely melted, turning into a
syrup. Stir in the blood orange juice.
2. In a blender, puree sliced peaches together with peach and blood orange sugar syrup.
Sift the puree and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine both plain yogurt, and cream together. Add blood
orange and peach puree to the yogurt and cream. Lightly whisk until it’s well combined.
Pour in an airtight container and freeze for about 4 hours or overnight.
4. Take out, and thaw it slightly. With a paddle attachment attached to your stand mixer,
on low speed, beat the frozen yogurt mixture. I find that this helps to beat off the ice-
particles formed in the froyo. You will notice that the Blood Orange & Peach Frozen
Yogurt Cream doubles up in volume slightly. Pour the mixture back into the airtight
container and freeze for a couple of hours.
5. Repeat the same process at least 3 times, if you desire a smooth frozen yogurt cream.
I have suggested additional notes above, just in case you didn’t notice. Serve with fresh
strawberries, sable cookie, and drizzle honey over for that extra oomph. ENJOY!
Hope you'll enjoy my take on BLOOD ORANGE & PEACH FROZEN YOGURT to cool off!