|From my INSTAGRAM ;)|
Orange & Lime Bitters Rosette Cookie
by Chic & Gorgeous Treats
* Makes slightly over 2 dozen sandwiched cookies.
* Citrus Buttercream is slightly tart, and not overly sweet and complements the orange butter cookie.
* Store in airtight container in a fridge roughly up to a week if it’s not devoured within 2-3 days.
* Cookies tastes even better when chilled in a fridge.
Orange Butter Cookie
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup caster sugar
230g unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
zest of half an orange
pinch of salt
Orange & Lime Bitters Butter Cream
150g unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup -3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/4 tablespoon Sunquick orange cordial
1/2 tablespoon lime bitters cordial
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large bowl with a paddle attachment attached to a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Stop and scrape sides of the bowl. Beat the mixture for another 1 minute. Beat in egg and pure vanilla extract until well combined.
2. Meanwhile, sift together baking powder and flour in another bowl. Add the flour mixture and orange zest all at once to the cream butter and sugar and mix until it becomes moist large bread crumbs that holds together slightly. Transfer into a piping bag with a large star tip (Wilton 1M) attached. Pipe cookie mixture onto baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until cookies turn golden in colour. Set cookie aside to cool.
3. To make Orange and Lime Buttercream; using a paddle attachment attached, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add
sifted powdered sugar a tablespoon at a time and beat until well combined. Then add the flavour aromatics and beat for another 1 minute until they are well combined. If citrus buttercream is a little too soft to pipe, chill citrus buttercream in the fridge to allow it to harden and set. Spread or pipe citrus buttercream onto one side of a cookie and top it with another cookie. ENJOY!
**NOTE: Taste as you go along while preparing the citrus buttercream. Reduce the powdered sugar should you like your citrus buttercream to be extra tart. Add lime or orange zest, for additional kick.