Recently, I received a beautiful French rustic tray made from scratch by my dear friend Pei Li's Miniatures. Whilst I'm a little lost for words at the moment..I'm so in love with my new rustic tray right now that I want to picture all my treats whenever possible with it. Let me say this and this is a shout out to you Pei Li my dear friend..GREAT JOB, BEAUTIFUL and THANKS so much!!
While I know we both have "discussed", and that's a secret ;), I just couldn't wait and must use the tray this instant. Since my mom is having some of our family friends over, I decided to make my quick cheat, and a crowd favourite. It's my Dark Chocolate Cherry Mousse Shots. Now this mousse does not require you to whip egg whites etc. If you're in need of a quick fix or planning a love session..LOLs, try out this recipe.
CAUTION: Pretty sinful I might say ;p!!
yields 12 shot glasses
For dark chocolate mousse
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
4 tbsps powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-dark bittersweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 tbsps milk
12 dark cherries
To prepare chocolate mousse:
1. Melt chocolate chips and milk for about 1 minute in a microwave on medium heat. Do check on the chocolate and stir it once a while to prevent it from burning.
2. With a whisk attachment on the stand mixer, whisk whipping cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until stiff peaks. Set some aside for garnishing the top of chocolate mousse later.
3. Scoop a tablespoon of plain whipped cream into cooled melted chocolate, and mix them gently together. Using a spatula, fold in the remainder melted chocolate into the whipped cream until well combined. With 2 teaspoons, spoon chocolate mousse into each shot glass until 3/4 cups full.
4. Top chocolate mousse with plain whipped cream and garnished with dark cherry. You can always coat cherry with melted chocolate and set it in the fridge to help chocolate harden, then place it on top of mousse.
5. Transfer mousse back into fridge and chill for another 2 hours or so before serving.